Our personalities play an important role in how we face obstacles, relationships we develop with others, and how we celebrate life achievements. Knowing yourself and your personality traits is an important step in your personal development and well-being. What are personality traits and their influence on social status? They define you and make you different from the rest. Personality relies on a series of permanent traits that may also have a genetic connection. However, this doesn’t mean you cannot mold them to your benefit, to help you grow and have success.
All these traits shape us, make us different and unique. They affect our character and our decisions. No matter what, you should never let them become an obstacle in your relationships or at work. Self-knowledge and self-awareness are the best tools to use when assessing your traits and improving them.
Find out more about the personality traits and their influence
According to research in this area, there are five main personality traits you can easily identify in people around you.
- Positive emotionality– mostly visible in people who are extroverts or introverts. This trait dictates their outgoing personality. Whether it is about extroverts- positive, energetic- or introverts- shy, uncomfortable in social gatherings- this trait is responsible for the way they perceive socializing.
- Negative emotionality– this is specific to those who suffer from anxiety and more vulnerable to stress. This negativity is also visible in their relationships and self-confidence. It has a bad influence on your life as well. For example, it can be an obstacle in building lasting relationships, professional flexibility, and productivity.
- Consciousness/ constraint– responsible, careful and persistent. These are the three dominant characteristics that define this trait. It is a great assessment especially if you are an entrepreneur. Your competitiveness and tenacity are great tools for the business world.
- Agreeableness– extremely useful in your career development. It is about being empathic and polite as well as cooperative. All these are great not only in your daily life but also at work. They are fundamental elements that enable you to work with others and be part of successful teams.
- Openness to experience– this trait is visible from an early age. You learned things quicker, you liked exploring and using your imagination to the fullest. Later on, this trait will help you come with solutions to problems and have unique perspectives on how things should be done.
Everything, from the way we act around new people and new situations to how we manage work challenges, is dictated by these traits. They influence our choices and define our character.
Now that you know
These are the five personality traits that shape our character and temperament. They should come to your aid for reaching your goals and not take you down. Personality traits and their influence can be positive or negative. It is up to you to shape them in your favor. Your success and self-growth depend on this.