Recent events have changed the way you used to do certain things. You have had to find new ways to stay motivated when it comes to work, exercising and maintain a balanced lifestyle. Everyone tries to adapt to a new way of living. Even when it comes to work, everything is different from before.
Home working is the new approach
Many companies have chosen to implement home office strategy. This has divided people into two categories: those who enjoy the change and embrace working from home and those who lack the motivation and productivity. Office life is hard to replace or to implement at home. There are many distractions that may keep you from delivering the best you can.
The chair is to uncomfortable, the sofa is too comfortable. The neighbors are too loud or the silence is deafening. Chores around the house are waiting for you to solve them. So do your tasks at work. It’s important to keep your productivity level high and focus on your work tasks. Find the best way to stay motivated! The best strategy for this doesn’t exist. But there are few tips you can follow and adjust to your routine that could help you be more efficient when you work from home.
- Schedule your work time- this step is strongly connected to being structured and organized. You need to manage your time well and make the most of it. You can start by planning your day together with tasks and deadlines that need to be solved. In this way, you will keep a high level of productivity and enjoy your evenings in front of the TV or on the porch sipping your favorite tea.
- Your workspace corner- the biggest temptation when working from home is to work in bed, still dressed in your cozy nightwear. That’s not productive! At all! Instead, you should create a small corner, with a desk or table which will serve as your “office” at home. You can decorate it and design it as you wish to make it more alike as a real one. Get up from bed, travel along the hallways and you have reached your office for the next hours!
- Limited distractions and interruptions- phone ringing, delivery guy knocking at the door, outside noises. All of them do nothing good except for disturbing you and your work process. It’s hard to get back on track with a certain task if something interrupts you. As much as you would like to pay full attention to something, it’s hard when your thoughts are interrupted and your focus goes to a different thing. Put your phone on silent, put your headphones on to avoid disturbing sounds and schedule your activities outside working time!
Stay motivated when working and success will come!
- Create challenges- they are not something you have to receive from someone else. You can also create your own challenges to help you improve and see your performance level. It is a great strategy to see how you evolved since working from home and what changes need to be done. A challenge can motivate you and keep you more alert. Start with simple things such as how much you can write in 30 minutes or how many emails can you answer.
- Reward yourself- you have to admit, rewards do motivate everyone. No matter the form they come in. Just the simple thought motivates you and gives you a boost of energy to complete your tasks and enjoy a little surprise. Rewards and incentives work perfectly when you work from home as well. You are free to be creative and reward yourself with your favorite TV show and popcorn, a nice warm bath or even a shopping session. It’s also a great way to track your performance and how much you are able to accomplish in a day.
Motivation to get things going starts from within yourself. Same applies when working from home and trying to stay motivated about tasks. It is up to you to make things as comfortable as possible for you but always stay on track with your work progress. Don’t let distractions take over!