Every thoughtful student thinks about his future career and whether it suits him or not. When you make the right choice, success will come and you will enjoy your work. To choose your career depending on your personality type, you first have to know yourself very well. Your personality can serve you as a guide in choosing a career path. Moreover, you will also be more productive and efficient at work when you do something you enjoy.
It is a common question at every job interview to ask “What has made you choose this job/career?”. Usually, people answer simply by saying they are interested in that area or they simply have the skills for it. However, part of the reason you choose a certain area of activity instead of the other is because you are drawn to it and it fits you. There are also tests you can take which will help you identify your personality type.
Choose your career and follow your dream
Most of them rely on the following types:
- “Builders” or “realistic” type: they are also doers who like to get things done. Among these are athletes or agricultural workers. They like to get physically involved with their work and use their hands. If you have this personality type, you can also go for a dance career or a chef, even engineering if it seems suitable for you.
- “Thinkers” or “investigative” type: all the great minds that abound of abstract ideas and questions. This type of people enjoys theoretical tasks that encourage them to use logic. Some of the most common careers for “thinkers” medicine related jobs, psychologists or consultants.
- “Creators” or “artistic” type: just like the name suggests, they are the people who are very creative and use their imagination and originality to solve everything. Dancers, musicians, painters or editors are the artists that show a lot of creativity and free spirit.
- “Helpers” or “social” type: the greatest talent of them is compassion. They have great social skills and enjoy helping others around them. In addition, teamwork and relationships are also highly important for them. Some of the career choices for helpers are counselling, therapists or teachers. Any job that requires managing people is a great match for this personality type.
Find your personality type now
- “Persuaders” or “enterprising” type: they enjoy the feeling of power and they excel at working in teams and drawing their energy from efficient partners. Also, they priorities achieving their goals and do not fear taking risks. It is a personality often recognizable among politicians, CEOs, lawyers and entrepreneurs.
- “Organizers” or “conventional” type: you will meet this type of personality to those working with numbers and systems. They have great organizational skills and everything has to be systematized. Their skills are needed in every sector, from military to medicine. Whenever a crisis strikes, organizers are the most dependable category from any organization.
When it comes to choose your career, you have to look closely at your personality type. Once you choose something that fits you and you enjoy doing, success will also come easier. You are free to build a successful career path and achieve your goals and dreams.