Achieving toned perfect legs is everyone’s dream, just in time for the summer season. They are your support, literally. They keep you on the move and help you stay active and fulfill daily tasks. Personal trainers have noticed the importance of strong legs. Therefore, they include in every workout the so-called “leg day”. To some, it is a nightmare. But to others, it is an opportunity to get fitter and stronger. Leg muscles are larger than other muscle groups. This is the reason why it takes longer to see the results. Time to up your game with the best leg exercises!
With the help of proper exercises and equipment, you will be one step closer to achieving perfect legs. You can easily include them in your gym workout plan or do them from home. Whichever you choose, make sure you don’t neglect the routine and stay on track.
Here are the best leg exercises to try next time:
- Squats– these are the best to help you sculpt your legs. Not to mention they also have great effects on your hips and abs. They are also recommended in case you have back pain. They don’t require any extra weightlifting so you won’t force your back.
- Lunges– they also focus on your thighs, butt, and abs. The best part of them is that they use both legs at the same time, a great exercise to build stronger legs. You can adjust them to your preferences as in forward/backward lunges or lateral lunges.
- Single-leg deadlifts– here you put the accent on your butt, hips, and upper legs. For better results, you can add weights, either kettlebell or dumbbell, or ankle weights. They are also great for improving your balance.
- Step-ups– imagine a one-leg squat. That’s what step-ups look like. While you repeat the movement, you work on your thighs, hips, and butt. Maintain your balance while doing this exercise and double the benefits.
- Bridge– is a core exercise that focuses on your hips, thighs, and butt. You can upgrade the game and include a resistance band you wrap around your thighs. Or if you like a challenge, you can add a gymnastic ball to improve your stability. Even more, one leg-up bridge also does wonders to strengthen your muscles.
- Calf raises– it is the perfect move that does wonders to your claves. You can hold dumbbells in your hands for better stability.
Remember to always do at least three or four sets of 10 to 12 reps. This way, you will be one step closer to your fitness goals. Try not to overload your leg day from the beginning. Take it to step by step and increase intensity as you go. With the help of these best leg exercises, you will see results sooner than you thought.